Raleigh Duct Sealing & Indoor Air Quality
Services Designed to Improve Your Quality of Life
Many homeowners don’t realize that it is possible to improve the quality of the air in their home by having regular HVAC maintenance. Most residential heating and cooling systems are forced air which requires the pushing of air through the duct system. All of the systems that contain air filters are tasked with keeping contaminants out of the equipment. If the system is kept clean, the air filters don’t have to work as hard. At R & S Mechanical, we can ensure your ductwork is properly sealed so you have the best possible indoor air quality.
Give us a call at (919) 948-1351 for more information about our improving indoor air quality in Raleigh.
How Do I Know if My Air Ducts Needs Sealing?
You should consider duct sealing if you are experiencing:
- Utility bills that are unusually blind
- Visible holes or perforations in your ductwork
- Portions of the home that can’t stay at a comfortable temperature
- A house that is dusty despite recently cleaning it
Upgrading Air Filters to Improve Indoor Air Quality
If you or anyone in your household has airborne allergies, you can use your Raleigh HVAC system to improve indoor air quality by upgrading the filter. Filters have MERV (minimum efficiency reporting value) rating that indicates the size of particles they can trap. A higher MERV rating means cleaner air for your home.
How Sealing Your Air Ducts Can Benefit You
There are many advantages to sealing air ducts, such as:
- Increasing the comfort in your home by eliminating hot and cold spots
- Saving money by ensuring that your HVAC system works only as long as it needs to.
- Ensuring safer living since the sealed ducts are able to keep out gases that are toxic and combustible.
- Protecting the health of your family and anyone who visits your home by sealing of mold, dust, and other contaminants that might come through the ventilation system.
To arrange an HVAC service appointment with our team, contact us at (919) 948-1351.